Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
Community Recipe from
- 2 can(s) cannellini beans drained
- 1 sweet potato baked, peeled, and mashed (abt 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoon(s) tahini
- 2 teaspoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon(s) seasoning lemon pepper or cajun
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- panko crumbs for breading
- 1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
- 2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
- 3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs - or dry rice to thicken the mixture if needed.
- 4. Heat 1 Tbsp safflower oil in a pan over high heat.
- 5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less Panko.
- 6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
- 7. Serve on toasted bun with lotsa toppings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes