- 1 (16-ounce) angel food cake, cut into (1-inch) cubes
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cooked peeled sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 3 tablespoons flaked sweetened coconut, toasted and divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, toasted
- calories 303
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 6.9 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 6.2 g
- carbohydrate 53.5 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- cholesterol 19 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 434 mg
- calcium 125 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange cake cubes in a single layer on a jelly roll pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until toasted, turning once.
Place 1/2 cup sugar, sour cream, and cream cheese in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined. Gradually add milk, beating until smooth. Add toasted cake cubes; fold gently to combine.
Place remaining 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, salt, and sweet potatoes in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
Spoon half of cake mixture into a trifle dish or 3-quart glass bowl; top with half of sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon coconut over sweet potato mixture; top with half of whipped topping. Repeat layers; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon coconut and pecans. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.