Sweet Potato Tart with Cream Cheese-Pecan Crust
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Bake: 30 Minutes
Cool: 2 Hours
- Cream Cheese-Pecan Pastry
- 1 (16-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained, or 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Roll pastry between 2 sheets of lightly floured plastic wrap into a 12-inch circle. Fit into an 11-inch shallow, metal, removable bottom tart pan, trimming excess pastry; chill.
- 2. Meanwhile, beat sweet potatoes with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in sweetened condensed milk and next 6 ingredients. Beat in eggs and half-and-half. Pour mixture into chilled crust.
- 3. Place tart on a baking sheet; bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 10 more minutes or until center is set. Let tart cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
- *Note: You can prepare the tart in a 9-inch-deep pie plate, omitting about 1/2 cup filling.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note