- 5 medium-size cooking apples
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, divided
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
Core apples, starting at stem end, without cutting through opposite end. Scoop out pulp to enlarge opening to 2 inches. Chop pulp, and set aside.
Place each apple shell on a 7-inch square of aluminum foil.
Stir together chopped apple, 2 tablespoons almonds, and next 6 ingredients. Spoon evenly into apple shells; top with remaining almonds. Pull foil up around sides of apples, and place in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until tender.