I wish I had left out the lime juice. It overpowered the soup. Next time I will either leave out or cut way back.
Sweet Potato Soup
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 1/2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (2 large)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Process mixture with a handheld blender until smooth. (If you don't have a handheld blender, cool mixture 10 minutes, and process, in batches, in a regular blender until smooth. Return to saucepan, and proceed with Step 3.)
- 3. Cook potato mixture over low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in 2 Tbsp. lime juice. Whisk together sour cream and 2 tsp. lime juice. Ladle soup into bowls, and drizzle each serving with sour cream mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews