Sweet Potato Soup
Make the soup through Step 2 the day before. Reheat, and stir in the lime juice before serving.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 1/2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (2 large)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Process mixture with a handheld blender until smooth. (If you don't have a handheld blender, cool mixture 10 minutes, and process, in batches, in a regular blender until smooth. Return to saucepan, and proceed with Step 3.)
- 3. Cook potato mixture over low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in 2 Tbsp. lime juice. Whisk together sour cream and 2 tsp. lime juice. Ladle soup into bowls, and drizzle each serving with sour cream mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note