GREAT!!! This is the sweet potato souffle I grew up with as a child. Definitely comfort food. I substituted lemon extract for the orange extract and brown sugar instead of white sugar. Oh did I mention this recipe is GREAT!!!!
Sweet Potato Souffle
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, melted
- 3 whole(s) eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) orange extract
- 1/4 cup(s) pecans, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) self-rising flour
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 3 cup(s) sweet potatoes steamed and mashed(about 5)
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- Mix the above ingredients well. Pour into a buttered baking dish. (Can be made ahead and refridgerated at this point)
- Just before baking top with the following the last 4 ingredients.
- Blend ingredients by handusing a pastry blender or fork until a coarse, crumb-like mixture. Sprinkly on top of the sweet potato mixture. Bake uncovered at 350-375 for 45 minutes until puffed slighly in center.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LynnAW08 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables