Tasted great, but mine didn't rise. Followed directions to a T. Anyone else have this problem?
Sweet Potato Soufflé
Howard L. Puckett
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 259
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 414mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound, 12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 5 large egg whites
- Position oven rack to lowest setting, and remove the middle rack. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Coat a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at high 10 minutes or until tender, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Peel potatoes. Combine potatoes and butter, and mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, potato mixture, half-and-half, and next 6 ingredients (through egg yolks) in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl.
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl; beat at high speed with a mixer until soft peaks form. Add remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat). Gently fold one-fourth of egg white mixture into potato mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Gently spoon mixture into prepared dish. Sharply tap dish 2 or 3 times on the counter to level. Place dish on a baking sheet; place baking sheet in a 425° oven. Immediately reduce oven temperature to 375° (do not remove soufflé from oven). Bake 1 hour or until soufflé is puffy, golden, and set. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables