Sweet Potato Soufflé
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 3 large potatoes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Bring sweet potatoes and water to cover to a boil, and cook 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Beat sweet potatoes, sugar, and next 6 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in raisins, if desired. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly; top evenly with marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, for 15 more minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables