Sweet Potato Soufflé
Martha Hawkins serves this at her restaurant, Martha's Place, in Montgomery, Alabama.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 3 large potatoes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Bring sweet potatoes and water to cover to a boil, and cook 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Beat sweet potatoes, sugar, and next 6 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in raisins, if desired. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly; top evenly with marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, for 15 more minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note