Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 2 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 in pieces
- 1/4 c milk
- 3 TB butter
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (or turkey)
- 2 med, carrots, finely diced
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 TB flour
- 2 TB tomato paste
- 2 c. beef broth
- 10 oz package frozen peas
- 1 TB chopped fresh Thyme
- 1 TB chopped fresh Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375. Boil sweet potatos for 10 min., covered, or until fork tender. Drain & return to pot. Add milk, 2 TB of the butter, salt & pepper. Mash until smooth. Set aside.
- Brown meat in large saute pan. Drain grease and remove meat from pan. Melt remaining butter in pan. Saute carrots, celery and onion until soft. Add 1 TB flour; cook 1 min. Add tomato paste, broth and peas. Bring to simmer, cook until thickened and peas are thawed. Add meat back and mix. Season with Thyme and Rosemary.
- Transfer meat mix into a 13 x 9 casserole dish. Spread sweet potatos on top, leaving a 1 inch border around the edges. Bake at 375 for 30-35 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes