Sweet Potato, Sausage, and Kale Soup
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 cup(s) chopped onion (about 2 large)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 6 clove(s) of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 8 cup(s) coarsely chopped peeled sweet potato (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 5 cup(s) water
- 4 cup(s) fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 16 ounce(s) (one package) pre washed torn kale
- 16 ounce(s) (1 can) cannelloni beans oor other white beans rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Remove casings from sausage; add sausage to pan.
- Cook 5 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add potato, 5 cups water, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes. Gradually add kale; cook to 10 muntes or until tender. STir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and beans; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potato, Sausage, and Kale Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews