We have samosas often and these were a great, healthier version.
Sweet Potato Samosas
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 205
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 231mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen petite green peas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 Savory Cornmeal-Whole Wheat Dough circles
- Combine sweet potato and 1/2 cup water in a microwave-safe pie plate or bowl; lightly cover with wax paper. Microwave at high 8 minutes or until tender, stirring every 3 minutes. Drain; coarsely mash sweet potato. Stir in peas.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Add mustard seeds and curry powder; sauté 2 minutes. Add onion mixture, salt, and pepper to potato mixture; stir well. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place Savory Cornmeal-Whole Wheat Dough circles on a lightly floured surface. Spoon 1/4 cup potato mixture into center of each dough circle. Fold dough over filling; press edges together with a fork or fingers to seal. Place samosas on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pierce top of each samosa once with a fork. Bake at 425° for 19 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potato Samosas Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables