This has become one of our favorite recipes. I was looking for sweet potato recipes to use a huge box of potatoes that I bought at the farmers market. This one is definitely a keeper. I have made this several times and the only adjustment I make is to reduce the oil to 2 T when adding to the bacon drippings. The combination of flavors is perfect.
Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
More From Oxmoor House
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 thick-cut bacon slices
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Combine sweet potato, onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on 2 lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 35 minutes or until browned, removing onion after 25 minutes, and stirring sweet potato.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 12 minutes or until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, mustard, and pepper to drippings in skillet. Stir well. Transfer vinaigrette to a large bowl. Add roasted sweet potato, onion, pecans, and raisins, tossing gently to coat. Cool.
- Note: If you have only one oven, place 1 baking sheet on the lower oven rack and 1 on the upper rack; switch positions after 25 minutes. Bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until potatoes are browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This