- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 thick-cut bacon slices
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
How to Make It
Combine sweet potato, onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on 2 lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 450° for 35 minutes or until browned, removing onion after 25 minutes, and stirring sweet potato.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 12 minutes or until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
Add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, mustard, and pepper to drippings in skillet. Stir well. Transfer vinaigrette to a large bowl. Add roasted sweet potato, onion, pecans, and raisins, tossing gently to coat. Cool.
Note: If you have only one oven, place 1 baking sheet on the lower oven rack and 1 on the upper rack; switch positions after 25 minutes. Bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until potatoes are browned.