I've made this numerous times and its always a hit! Absolutly amazing, this is something I crave!
Sweet Potato Salad
Mix up your usual potato salad recipe by using sweet potatoes. This dish is full of color and flavor from the jalapeño pepper, parsley, and hot sauce.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3 slices peppered or regular bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Garnish: fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- Arrange potatoes in an even layer in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Coat with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or just until tender. Let cool slightly.
- Stir together remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, celery, and next 9 ingredients in a large bowl until blended. Add potatoes, and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, if desired; garnish, if desired. Serve warm or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note