Love the texture with the veggies.
Sweet Potato Salad
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3 slices peppered or regular bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Garnish: fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- Arrange potatoes in an even layer in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Coat with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or just until tender. Let cool slightly.
- Stir together remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, celery, and next 9 ingredients in a large bowl until blended. Add potatoes, and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, if desired; garnish, if desired. Serve warm or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This