Sweet Potato-Rice Salad
Prep: 15 min., Cook: 25 min.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Let cool.
- 2. Whisk together apricot preserves, oil, and next 4 ingredients.
- 3. Bring 1 qt. water to a boil. Add sweet potato, and cook 5 minutes or just until tender. Remove potato using a slotted spoon, and place in a colander. Rinse with cold water. Add green beans to boiling water; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 4. Stir together rice, sweet potato, green beans, and cilantro in a large bowl. Add apricot preserves mixture, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over butter lettuce leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads