- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
How to Make It
Prepare rice according to package directions. Let cool.
Whisk together apricot preserves, oil, and next 4 ingredients.
Bring 1 qt. water to a boil. Add sweet potato, and cook 5 minutes or just until tender. Remove potato using a slotted spoon, and place in a colander. Rinse with cold water. Add green beans to boiling water; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Stir together rice, sweet potato, green beans, and cilantro in a large bowl. Add apricot preserves mixture, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over butter lettuce leaves.