Sweet Potato Pound Cake Loaves
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add sweet potatoes, and beat well.
- 2. Stir together flour, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, cinnamon in a medium bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loafpans.
- 3. Bake at 350º for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This