Sweet Potato Pone
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups grated raw sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Combine eggs, sugar, and butter in a mixing bowl, beating well; stir in next 6 ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a well - greased 1-quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until top is browned; stir top crust under. Bake an additional 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Spoon into serving bowls. Serve hot or cold with whipped cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note