- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups grated raw sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
How to Make It
Combine eggs, sugar, and butter in a mixing bowl, beating well; stir in next 6 ingredients.
Pour mixture into a well - greased 1-quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until top is browned; stir top crust under. Bake an additional 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Spoon into serving bowls. Serve hot or cold with whipped cream, if desired.