Sweet Potato Pie with Pumpkinseed Crunch
In this pie, sweet potatoes are dressed up with maple syrup, ginger, and nutmeg. It's the perfect dessert for any fall occasion, not to mention on the lighter side.
More From Health
- Calories: 331
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 198mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 1 recipe prepared Perfect Pie Dough
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, baked and mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons turbinado or raw sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkinseeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Working with prepared dough, press down edges with floured fork tines, leaving 1-inch between crimping. Freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Line bottom of dough with foil; top with pie weights. Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until set. Remove weights and foil, and return to oven. Bake 8-10 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
- 3. Whisk together mashed sweet potato with whole eggs, 1 egg white, 1/2 cup maple syrup, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Spoon into shell, and brush edges with remaining egg white; sprinkle with sugar. Bake in middle of oven 40 minutes or until set. (If crust is becoming too brown, cover with foil.) Transfer to a wire rack.
- 4. Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray. Toast pumpkinseeds in a skillet 1-2 minutes or until syrup has reduced and seeds are golden. Transfer to foil; spread in 1 layer. Let cool 15 minutes. Crumble, and garnish pie. Slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This