Sweet Potato Pie with Pumpkinseed Crunch
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 331
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 198mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 1 recipe prepared Perfect Pie Dough
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, baked and mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons turbinado or raw sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkinseeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Working with prepared dough, press down edges with floured fork tines, leaving 1-inch between crimping. Freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Line bottom of dough with foil; top with pie weights. Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until set. Remove weights and foil, and return to oven. Bake 8-10 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
- 3. Whisk together mashed sweet potato with whole eggs, 1 egg white, 1/2 cup maple syrup, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Spoon into shell, and brush edges with remaining egg white; sprinkle with sugar. Bake in middle of oven 40 minutes or until set. (If crust is becoming too brown, cover with foil.) Transfer to a wire rack.
- 4. Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray. Toast pumpkinseeds in a skillet 1-2 minutes or until syrup has reduced and seeds are golden. Transfer to foil; spread in 1 layer. Let cool 15 minutes. Crumble, and garnish pie. Slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts