This is the second recipe that I have tried from this website and it turned out just as excellent as the first. The pie filling was sweet but not too sweet. Made it the night before and will add the marshmallows tomorrow. I'm starting to look like a cooking pro! Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!
Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow Topping
Turn a Thanksgiving side dish into a tasty dessert with this delicious recipe for Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow Topping.
More From Allyou
Bake: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Sodium: 261mg
- Pastry for 1 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Roll out pastry into an 11-inch round. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Trim and crimp edges. Line with parchment and fill with pie weights. Bake until firm, about 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Remove parchment and weights. Bake until lightly browned around edges, about 7 minutes.
- 2. Place sweet potatoes in a pot; add salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly; cook potatoes until soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl; add butter, sugar, molasses, spices, vanilla and 1/4 tsp. salt. Beat until smooth. Beat in eggs.
- 3. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Spread filling in crust. Bake until firm in center, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly. (Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 4. Just before serving, set an oven rack 6 inches from heat source; preheat broiler to high. Spread marshmallows over pie. Watching carefully, broil until marshmallows are golden brown, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note