my co-worker's sister makes $70 an hour on the laptop. She has been unemployed for 8 months but last month her check was $7699 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read this site 4c3.de/aGN
Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow Meringue
Wow guests this weekend with a sky-high marshmallow meringue on this sweet potato pie. Be sure to lightly pack the mashed sweet potatoes in your measuring cup for a fluffy filling.
More From Southern Living
2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1/2 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- Parchment paper
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups lightly packed, cooked, mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- MARSHMALLOW MERINGUE:
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (7-oz.) jar marshmallow crème
- 1. Prepare crust: Preheat oven to 425°. Roll piecrust into a 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate; fold edges under, and crimp. Prick bottom and sides with a fork. Line piecrust with parchment paper; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 9 minutes. Remove weights and parchment paper.
- 2. Whisk together egg yolk and cream; brush bottom and sides of crust with yolk mixture. Bake 6 to 8 more minutes or until crust is golden. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 3. Prepare filling: Stir together melted butter, 1 cup sugar, and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl until mixture is well blended. Add sweet potatoes and next 4 ingredients; stir until mixture is well blended. Pour sweet potato mixture into prepared piecrust. (Pie will be very full.)
- 4. Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. Transfer pie to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
- 5. Prepare meringue: Beat egg whites and next 2 ingredients at high speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 Tbsp. at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 6. Beat one-fourth of marshmallow crème into egg white mixture; repeat 3 times with remaining marshmallow crème, beating until smooth (about 1 minute). Spread over pie.
- 7. Bake at 400° for 6 to 7 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned.
- Note: Pie can be made up to a day ahead. Prepare recipe as directed through Step 4; cover and chill up to 24 hours. Proceed as directed in Steps 5 through 7.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note