Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Garnish: chopped pecans
- Bake sweet potatoes at 350° for 1 hour or until tender; cool.
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Peel potatoes, and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and next 7 ingredients, beating until blended. Pour into piecrust.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. (Shield crust with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary.) Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries