- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One 9-inch unbaked, refrigerated (or frozen and thawed) pie shell
- calories (1/8 recipe): 320
- fat 9.3 g
- satfat 4 g
- sodium 317 mg
- cholesterol 66 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 55 minutes
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the mashed sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, both sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Beat to combine, 1 to 2 minutes.
Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Bake in the center of the oven for about 55 minutes, until filling is set.
Cool completely on a rack before serving.
How kids can help: Whisk eggs with fork; measure sugars; add ingredients to mixing bowl.
TIP: Serve warm, with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon