This is a great combination of pecan and sweet potato pies. The pie is delicious, pretty and easy to serve. I will definitely make this again. It was a big hit at Thanksgiving. I did not add the cinnamon ice cream. I followed the recipe exactly.
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie with Cinnamon Ice Cream
Charles E. Walton IV
- 1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, halved
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake pie shell 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from oven. Lower temperature to 350°.
- 2. Combine sweet potato and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and next 3 ingredients; stir until smooth and completely combined. Spread in an even layer in bottom of shell. Add chopped pecans evenly over sweet potato mixture. Lay pecan halves flat in a circle around perimeter.
- 3. Combine granulated sugar and 2 large eggs in a separate bowl; whisk until well blended. Whisk in corn syrup, melted butter, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour mixture slowly over pecan layer. Do not overfill. (You may have excess.)
- 4. Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until pie is puffed, set, and golden brown. Remove and let cool. Serve with Cinnamon Ice Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts