- 1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, halved
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Bake pie shell 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from oven. Lower temperature to 350°.
Combine sweet potato and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and next 3 ingredients; stir until smooth and completely combined. Spread in an even layer in bottom of shell. Add chopped pecans evenly over sweet potato mixture. Lay pecan halves flat in a circle around perimeter.
Combine granulated sugar and 2 large eggs in a separate bowl; whisk until well blended. Whisk in corn syrup, melted butter, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour mixture slowly over pecan layer. Do not overfill. (You may have excess.)
Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until pie is puffed, set, and golden brown. Remove and let cool. Serve with Cinnamon Ice Cream.