i reviewed these 12/13 and made some minor adjustments that pushed it to 5 stars!! diced the sweet potato and cooked it about 15 min in a little orange juice. easy to mash. saved pecans til later. used 2 + teaspoons pumpkin spice. before turning over i sprinkled on some hormel bacon bits, and caramelized pecans. my fam said they ROCKED!!! i will make them this way from now on. topped with pepper and maple syrup.
Sweet Potato-Pecan Pancakes
These hotcakes are best when topped with extra toasted pecans and maple syrup.
Prep: 7 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes plus 2 minutes per batch; Other: 10 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 136
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Calcium: 95mg
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Prick sweet potato with a fork several times; microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender. Allow potato to cool at least 10 minutes; peel and mash flesh with a fork, discarding peel. Set aside 3/4 cup mashed sweet potato, and reserve remaining potato for another use.
- 2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in pecans. Combine 3/4 cup mashed sweet potato, milk, and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Add sweet potato mixture to flour mixture, stirring well.
- 3. Working in batches, spoon 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Note: Canned mashed sweet potato or pumpkin may be substituted for the cooked mashed sweet potato, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note