Sweet Potato-Pecan Cake
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (16-ounce) can mashed sweet potatoes*
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Beat sugar and oil at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- 2. Combine flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, and next 4 ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. (Batter will be stiff.)
- 3. Whisk together mashed sweet potatoes, 2/3 cup water, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir into batter until blended. Fold in chopped toasted pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- *1 (16-ounce) can candied yams, mashed, or 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin may be substituted for mashed sweet potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch