Sweet Potato-Peanut Soup with Ham Croutons
More From Oxmoor House
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, celery, and garlic, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Add broth, potato, and chopped rosemary. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until potato is very tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ham, and cook until browned and crisp on all sides. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Process potato mixture, in batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return potato mixture to Dutch oven; stir in peanut butter. Cook over medium-low heat until soup is smooth, stirring often. Stir in whipping cream, salt, and pepper; cook until thoroughly heated.
- To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls. Top each serving with ham. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews