Sweet Potato-Peanut Soup
More From Southern Living Cooking School
Amount per serving
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Carbohydrate: 21.2g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 7.5mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 605mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter made with USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnishes: finely chopped USA-GROWN PEANUTS, sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion and celery, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
- 2. Add broth, potatoes, and sage. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Remove from heat. Uncover and let cool 10 minutes.
- 3. Process potato mixture, in batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return mixture to Dutch oven; whisk in peanut butter and next 3 ingredients.
- 4. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note