- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter made with USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnishes: finely chopped USA-GROWN PEANUTS, sour cream or crème fraîche
- calories 176
- fat 7.1 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 8.2 g
- carbohydrate 21.2 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 7.5 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 605 mg
- calcium 41 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion and celery, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
Add broth, potatoes, and sage. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Remove from heat. Uncover and let cool 10 minutes.
Process potato mixture, in batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return mixture to Dutch oven; whisk in peanut butter and next 3 ingredients.
Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.