Sweet Potato Peanut Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 small celery rib, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Nutmeg-Molasses Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 ground nutmeg
- Chopped toasted pecans
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven; add onion and next 3 ingredients and saute over medium heat 3 minutes. Add sweet potato cubes and chicken broth; cook over medium heat 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Process mixture, in batches, in an electric blender or food processor until smooth. Return mixture to Dutch oven; whisk in half-and-half and peanut butter. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve with Nutmeg-Molasses Cream and chopped toasted pecans.
- For the Nutmeg-Molasses Cream, beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually beat in molasses and nutmeg. Chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note