Sweet Potato Pancakes with Goat Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, sliced
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons applejack brandy
- 3 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 3 ounces creamy goat cheese
- Melt butter in a skillet; add apple and brown sugar, and saute until tender. Stir in brandy; cook just until heated (do not boil). Remove from heat, and ignite with a long match; let flame 1 minute. Keep warm.
- Grate potatoes and onion; combine vegetables, egg, and next 3 ingredients.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; fry 5 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Drain on paper towels, and place in a shallow baking dish. Cut goat cheese into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and place slices over pancakes.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Serve pancakes with apple mixture.
- Note: You may substitute apple juice for applejack brandy and omit flaming step.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This