Sweet Potato Orzo Bake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Chicken or Veggie Stock
- 1 and 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup(s) Milk
- 1/2 pound(s) Raw Sweet potato
- 2 whole(s) Sage Leaves sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt & Pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Uncooked Orzo
- 4 cup(s) Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake sweet potato until soft, about 45 minutes. Remove the sweet potato from the oven, but leave the oven on. Peel the skin off the sweet potato. Put the potato, milk, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until creamy, about 45 seconds. Add 1 cup of parmesan cheese, process until just blended in, about 10 seconds.
- In a medium-sized pot, bring water & Stock to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until just soft, about 5 minutes. Drain. Transfer immediately to a baking dish. Stir in sweet potato mixture until it is fully mixed in with the orzo.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and Sage on top. Bake 20 minutes. To finish, put under the broiler for 3-5 minutes to brown the top. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mrsandiyoung and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note