This was delicious! Very tasty!
Roasted Sweet Potato-and-Onion Tart
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 3 cups 3/4-inch-cubed sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 6 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Toss together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; arrange mixture in a single layer in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 20 minutes or just until potatoes are tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 30 minutes). Stir in bacon and parsley.
- 2. Unroll piecrusts; stack on a lightly greased surface. Roll stacked piecrusts into a 12-inch circle. Fit piecrust into a 10-inch deep-dish tart pan with removable bottom; press into fluted edges. Trim off excess piecrust along edges. Line piecrust with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Place pan on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes. Remove weights and foil; bake 5 more minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet on a wire rack (about 15 minutes). Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 4. Layer half of sweet potato mixture and half of cheese in tart shell; repeat layers once.
- 5. Whisk together half-and-half and next 3 ingredients; pour over cheese.
- 6. Bake at 350° on lowest oven rack 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool tart on baking sheet on a wire rack 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts