Open-Faced Sweet Potato-Mushroom Sandwiches
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
If you have leftover sweet potatoes, then add them to this tasty sandwich recipe. Top each Open-Faced Sweet Potato-Mushroom Sandwich with fresh thyme sprigs for the ultimate lunchtime treat.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 12 (3-inch) square, toasted rye bread slices
- 3 thick bacon slices
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 5 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Stir together mashed sweet potatoes, goat cheese, and ground chipotle chile pepper. Spread mixture on toasted rye bread slices. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon. Drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon. Sauté onion in hot drippings until caramelized. Add mushrooms and chopped fresh thyme; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in bacon; spoon over sweet potato mixture. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes. Top with fresh thyme sprigs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This