Sweet Potato Latkes
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Vegetable oil
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated (about 2 lb.)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated (about 1 lb.)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Thyme-Scented Applesauce
- 1. Pour oil to depth of 1/4 inch into a large skillet, and heat over medium-high heat to 350°. Combine potatoes and green onions in a large bowl. Sprinkle with panko, flour, and salt; gently toss. Stir in eggs.
- 2. Drop potato mixture, in batches, by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil in skillet; slightly flatten each with a spatula or fork. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drain latkes on a wire rack over paper towels. Keep warm on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan in a 200° oven. Serve immediately with Thyme-Scented Applesauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables