Sweet Potato Latkes
Photo: Luca Trovato; Styling: Dani Fisher
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- Horseradish Cream Sauce (optional)
- Spiced Thyme Applesauce (optional)
- 1. Grate potatoes through large holes of a box grater. Stir together potatoes and flour. Stir in eggs and next 2 ingredients until blended.
- 2. Pour oil to depth of 1/2 inch into a large heavy skillet; heat to 350°.
- 3. Gently press 1 rounded tablespoonful potato mixture into a patty. Repeat procedure, making about 2 dozen. Fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Horseradish Cream Sauce and Spiced Thyme Applesauce, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables