- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- Horseradish Cream Sauce (optional)
- Spiced Thyme Applesauce (optional)
How to Make It
Grate potatoes through large holes of a box grater. Stir together potatoes and flour. Stir in eggs and next 2 ingredients until blended.
Pour oil to depth of 1/2 inch into a large heavy skillet; heat to 350°.
Gently press 1 rounded tablespoonful potato mixture into a patty. Repeat procedure, making about 2 dozen. Fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Horseradish Cream Sauce and Spiced Thyme Applesauce, if desired.