Outstanding! This will definitely become a staple dish for our family.
Sweet Potato Gratin
You'll know when the potatoes are perfectly cooked when a table knife slides easily through the center.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 lb.)
- 2 large russet potatoes (about 1 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Gruyère cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut sweet potatoes and russet potatoes into 1/8-inch-thick slices, using a mandoline or sharp knife. Toss together potatoes, 3/4 cup heavy cream, and salt in a large bowl. Transfer to a lightly greased 2-qt. gratin dish, and spread potatoes into layers. Top with 1 cup Gruyère cheese. Pour 3/4 cup more heavy cream over potatoes, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Gruyère. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note