Sweet Potato Gratin
A sprinkle of Parmesan and thyme adds a unique twist to this savory sweet potato gratin.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 90
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 13.8g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 216mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup), divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1. Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine onion, sweet potato, next 4 ingredients (through pepper), and 1/4 cup cheese in a large bowl, tossing to coat with flour. Coat a 4-quart electric slow cooker with cooking spray. Transfer vegetable mixture to slow cooker.
- 2. Pour broth over potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until potato is tender.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note