I made this for the first time right after it appeared in the 2006 issue, and it has become a staple for holidays or any other excuse to make it! I didn't even think I liked sweet potatoes all that much until I tried this one. I always get requests for copies of the recipe for this one. It's easy to make and absolutely delicious!
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 400
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 6.3g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Sodium: 461mg
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/4-in.-thick slices
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Butter a 9- by 13-in. baking dish with 1 tbsp. butter. Arrange a third of the sweet potatoes, overlapping slightly, in the dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat with two more layers of sweet potatoes and cheese.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cream, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Pour over potatoes. Dot with the remaining 2 tbsp. butter. Cover dish with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until sweet potatoes are tender and top is browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note