Sweet Potato-Goat Cheese Tots
From the Kitchen of Heather Disarro, heathersdish.com, Little Rock, AR
"I serve this with a simple mixture of equal parts sour cream, Greek yogurt, and mayonnaise spiced up with curry powder, ground red pepper, salt, and pepper."
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium-size russet potato, peeled
- 1 (4-oz.) goat cheese log, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Fine sea salt
- Grate sweet potatoes and russet potato into a bowl using small holes of a box grater. Pat potatoes dry with paper towels. Stir together grated potatoes, goat cheese, flour, onion, table salt, and black pepper until well blended. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions; shape each portion into a 12- x 1-inch log. Wrap both portions in plastic wrap, and freeze 30 minutes or until slightly firm. Unwrap dough, and cut each dough log into about 15 (3/4-inch-thick) slices. Heat vegetable oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat to 330°. Fry potato slices, in batches, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle potato tots with fine sea salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note