My husband and I thought this was very tasty. Next time I would cut back on the butter. One stick was a little too much.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Mushrooms
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Mushrooms make an excellent accompaniment to your favorite meat or poultry dish. These Italian dumplngs can also stand alone as a lunch or simple supper dish.
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) package sweet potato gnocchi
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sliced fresh shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Toppings: freshly shaved Parmesan cheese, freshly ground pepper, chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Prepare gnocchi according to package directions. Keep warm.
- 2. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic and shallots; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet. Wipe skillet clean.
- 3. Melt remaining 4 Tbsp. butter in skillet over medium-high heat; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in parsley, sage, and mushroom mixture. Add hot cooked gnocchi, and toss gently. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes