Sweet Potato Galette
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine sweet potatoes and 2 tablespoons butter in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; sprinkle over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a 10" cast-iron skillet or other large ovenproof skillet. In the skillet, arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer, in slightly overlapping circles. Top with remaining sweet potatoes.
- Cut a circle of non-stick aluminum foil; place over potatoes. Place a 9" cast-iron skillet on top of foil to weigh the galette. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes; don't remove cover. Transfer weighted skillet to oven; bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Remove top skillet and foil; and bake 15 more minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Loosen edges with a spatula and invert onto a serving plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potato Galette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables