Sweet Potato Empanadas
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup cold beer
- Sweet Potato Filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in beer with a fork until well blended.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 5-inch circles. Place a rounded tablespoon of Sweet Potato Filling in center of each circle; moisten edges with water. Fold pastry in half, making sure edges are even. Using a fork dipped in flour, press edges of pastry together to seal.
- Place empanadas on baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over hot empanadas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This