Definitely yummy on their own and very easy; I enjoyed them as a snack. I did not use russet potatoes, and had sliced frozen yams which I baked at 350 for 25 minutes from frozen, then proceeded with recipe.
Sweet Potato Dumplings
Sweet potatoes create pillowy, gnocci-like dumplings and pack a dose of vitamin C, beta carotene, calcium, and potassium in these flavorful and nutritious Sweet Potato Dumplings.
This recipe goes with Chicken and Sweet Potato Dumplings
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 2 medium-size baking potatoes (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Prick all potatoes with a fork, and bake on a jelly-roll pan 1 hour.
- 2. Cool potatoes 20 minutes. Peel and mash until smooth. Add cheese and next 4 ingredients, and stir until smooth. Fold in flour just until blended.
- 3. Divide dough into 4 equal portions; dust with flour. Roll each into a 3/4-inch-diameter rope on a well-floured surface. Cut into 1-inch pieces; place dumplings on a lightly floured baking sheet.
- 4. Cook dumplings, 10 to 12 at a time, in 3 qt. boiling water over medium-high heat, 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This