Sweet Potato Custard Pie
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pastry shell
- Beat yolks until thick. Gradually add sugar; mix well. Add next 6 ingredients; mix well.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; fold into sweet potato mixture. Pour into pastry shell, and bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This