Me too. I have made it every Thanksgiving since 1997 and am just now looking up the ingredients for this Thanksgiving! The whole family loves this recipe
Sweet Potato Crunch
Yield: 11 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 135
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 28.2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 141mg
- 5 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water 15 minutes or until tender; drain well and cool. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place potatoes and applesauce in a food processor; process until smooth. Add egg yolk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon; process until smooth. Spoon into a bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently stir one-third of egg whites into potato mixture; gently fold in remaining egg whites. Spoon into a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, flour, and margarine; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set.
- Note: Cover and refrigerate potato mixture, without topping, for up to 24 hours, if desired. Uncover, sprinkle with topping, and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This