Me too. I have made it every Thanksgiving since 1997 and am just now looking up the ingredients for this Thanksgiving! The whole family loves this recipe
Sweet Potato Crunch
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 135
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 28.2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 141mg
- 5 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water 15 minutes or until tender; drain well and cool. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place potatoes and applesauce in a food processor; process until smooth. Add egg yolk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon; process until smooth. Spoon into a bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently stir one-third of egg whites into potato mixture; gently fold in remaining egg whites. Spoon into a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, flour, and margarine; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set.
- Note: Cover and refrigerate potato mixture, without topping, for up to 24 hours, if desired. Uncover, sprinkle with topping, and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables