Sweet Potato Croquettes
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 18 large marshmallows
- 4 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- Vegetable oil
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water to cover 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Peel sweet potatoes, and mash.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients; stir sugar mixture and egg into mashed sweet potatoes. Shape mixture around marshmallows, and roll in crushed cereal; place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Cover and freeze 2 hours.
- Pour oil into a large skillet to depth of 1/2 inch; heat to 350°.
- Fry croquettes until golden brown, turning once. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This